Decramastic tile roofing is a compressed metal roofing sheet with high strength steel that was popular in the 1970s and 1980s. Though this sort of roofing is appealing, it causes a slew of issues for building owners, thus it’s critical to get a decramastic roof replacement. If you have an old decramastic tile roof, we strongly advise you to replace it because these roofing tiles are prone to a variety of problems. If properly maintained, the life of a Decramastic tile roof can be extended by many years. Regular moss and lichen cleaning, as well as recoating with a Roof Coating System specifically designed for Decramastic roofs, are all part of that maintenance. Decramastic Tiles, also known as pressed metal tiles, Decrabond, and ‘stone chip roofs,’ are scallop-shaped metal tiles. Due to the inclusion of asbestos, Decramastic Tiles are no longer manufactured and have been replaced by other types of metal tiles.
Maintenance and Recoating of Decramastic Tile Roof
Extreme weather damage is one of the most typical difficulties with decramastic tile roofs. Because the material is lightweight, it is prone to cracks and dents. Another major issue with decramastic tile roofs is the spread of algae and mildew. Once the decramastic tile roofing has deteriorated, even walking on the roof might produce fractures and gaps. In recent years, it has been shown that some decramastic roofs may contain asbestos residues. To combat this, new regulations and criteria governing how we restore them have been established.
- Resilient roof painting will conduct a thorough roof inspection and offer you an inspection report as well as a no-obligation price outlining the extent of work and the coating system that your Decramastic roof requires.
- Often these roofs may require the use of a chemical roof wash solution to destroy any moss, lichen, or algal development, as well as to aid in the removal of embedded dirt and oxidised coating.
- The next stage is to complete the roof repair according to the specifications, which may include replacing tiles, levelling dented tiles, re-nailing where needed, and roof flashing and pipe flashing repairs.
- The condition of your recovered roof will be restored, and the longevity of your restored roof will be much improved.
- Roof coatings can be applied once all necessary repairs have been performed. We can provide experienced advice on how to match the colour of your roof to any existing paint.
Planning to Replace your Decramastic Tile Roof
Your roof is undoubtedly one of the most vulnerable structural components of your home. It’s the section of a building that comes into direct contact with the elements on a regular basis. Metal roofing is by far the most popular replacement for decramastic-covered roofs. The current roof structure was not built to handle the load of ceramic/clay covered roofs in most cases. Metal roofing is the best option for giving your property decades of life, protecting it for many years to come while also adding the correct sensible price to your home. The roof is the first line of defence for your house or office structure, and if it is partially damaged, we may provide roof restoration services to remedy the situation; however, if the damage is severe, you should consider a roof replacement approach. Driving rain, strong winds, and actual exposure to New Zealand’s severe ultraviolet rays erode recent decramastic tile roofs over time, resulting in surface coating degradation, damaged tiles, unsnarled nails, shattered paint, and cracks.
The following are some of the reasons why you should replace your old roofing with contemporary, long-lasting metal roofing:
- Zincalume metal roofing is a modern product that has been coated to withstand rust. You’ll be able to save money while giving your home a fresh new look.
- Unlike the ancient decramastic tile roofing, which was manufactured with lightweight materials, modern metal roofing is sturdy and long-lasting. As a result, you may rest assured that it will last a long time. Extreme weather conditions, such as tornadoes and powerful typhoons, are no match for it.
- To save extra repair costs, it’s time to convert your roof to a durable, long-lasting, and visually pleasing iron roof using our decramastic roof
Why Choose JP Franklin Roofing
If your home or office building’s decramastic tile roofing was put thirty years ago, it’s time to replace it. JP Franklin Roofing has the greatest metal roofing options for your new roof: colorbond and zincalume. We not only have the greatest roofing specialists in New Zealand, but we also deliver the best service in the industry when it comes to roofing jobs. JP Franklin Roofing offers over 20 years of experience in roof replacement, roof repairs, and roof installation, which has earned us the trust of both old and new clients. Contact us on 0800 456888 or email us at email@example.com to request free quotes today. We’ve been in operation for 2 decades, and we’ve built our reputation on using elevated materials that our roofing experts hand-picked based on your needs and the type of roofing installation required.