A metal roof is roofing made from metal pieces characterized by its high resistance, impermeability and longevity. Due to its durability and high resistance to bad weathers, it is mostly used by the Aucklanders these days. Almost in all new projects, the metal roof is the most preferred choice. Not just for the residential roof but also for the commercial roof, it is the most trusted.
While there are many different options in the market, it can be confusing on which metal roof will be the best for your home or commercial roof.
Before knowing the fact that why Aucklanders are in love with metal roofs, let’s know about the different types of metal roofs available in the market.
5 types of metal roof are widely used in New Zealand:
- Aluminium Metal Roof: These are long-lasting roofs and are resistant to salt-water corrosion.
- Copper Metal Roof: These are extremely long-lasting roofs and are very soft with low melting temperature.
- Zinc Metal Roof: These are extremely long-lasting roofs and are resistant to corrosion and lowest melting point.
- Steel Metal Roof: There are three variations when it comes to steel metal roof. Galvanized, weathering steel (corten) and galvalume.
Now let’s discuss why the Metal roof is loved by every roofer and property owners in New Zealand.
- Low Installation Costs: Since Auckland is a coastal city and it often witnesses a fair share of wind. This ultimately means that the roof you have installed needs special materials to cope up with the extreme weather conditions. These metal roofs don’t require any extra material to stay strong in the harsh weather.
- Lightweight and Strong: These roofs are quite light when compared to the other types of roof. When it comes to strength then these roofs never give any second chance.
- Long-lasting: Metal roofs can last for about a century. Because of their longevity, most of the metal roofs are less expensive than asphalt shingles.
- Aesthetically Appealing: When compared with other types of roof, a metal roof is aesthetically more appealing and adds beauty to your property.
- Can be recycled: Metal roofs often consist of a high percentage of recycled material and are 100% recyclable.
- Resistant to insects: Metal Roof due to the extremely high-quality build-up is often resistant to insects and pests.
Seeing all these benefits, metal roofing has increased its popularity rating.
If you are in search of the best roofing supplier who can provide you with the best metal roof then you are at the right place. If you need your roof to be strong, resilient and long-lasting then Metal roofing fulfils all your requirements. If you need to install a new roof, consider metal. You won’t regret your decision to opt for JP Franklin Roofing.